Monday, August 16, 2010

2010 L.A Summer Conference

I attended The 2010 L.A Summer Conference.


I've never attended this conference before, so, of course, I was really shaky in the beginning. But as I got started meeting so many talented and charming people, I stopped shaking and felt so happy that I led myself to the right direction.

I met Loren Long. He is such a great illustrator and author. His key note speech was so inspirational. His words made me not only laugh a lot but also sniff here and there.
Check out his website and enjoy his wonderful illustrations!
www.lorenlong.com


Then, the most amazing thing happened. Since it was my first attendance, I didn't expect anything big. Who would expect to see Lady Gaga at the first trip to Hollywood? right? I just submitted my portfolio to the Portfolio showcase and it's received Portfolio Showcase Honor Award!!



5 comments:

  1. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

    I´m so happy to see your blog. I hope to see your beautiful work posted here soon.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way COngrats on the portfolio contest!!
    YEEES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award! Your work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through a Scbwi page highlighting your portfolio - wow i love it and I look forward to seeing more of your work, I love your style and artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello~Janet,
    Thanks for visiting! :-)
    It was great seeing your work too!
    Happy new year~

    ReplyDelete